Wednesday, April 15, 2009

17 Inch MacBook Pro Workflow, and other finds...

My 17 Inch MacBook Pro is in lack of better words The Shit!

I thought for a second whether or not to use the words "the shit" but didn't think more than a second to say 'Ummm, yeah, that pretty much describes it'. Why so, you say???

First off, the GLASS TRACKPAD. Gone are the days of clicking on the bottom of your OS to find which programs are open, you can now simply swipe 4 fingers. Oh yeah, it KNOWS. Also, I can use 2 fingers to scroll up and down in any application and web browser. "Are you cereal? [quoted by my brother Miguel]" (My thoughts exactly). I secretly didn't like on both Mac and PC (ok, I know it means 'personal computer', it just a word like "google it!") where you had to stop what you were doing, drag the mouse or trackpad to find the program you were using and click on that button to go to that program. Well, that's no more. I can simply swipe my fingers to find what I have open and go to it.

This saves me so much TIME. Now, granted, it might be the extra few seconds, but it adds up. Macs already had the "view all visual app windows" button on F3, but gotta admit it's a pretty nice feature.

The glass trackpad also does 3 finger options you can set, or open and close all 5 fingers to enlarge or make the app or browser smaller (semantic applicable). I'm getting used to and find that I have to get up on being '[link]semantically[/link] correct' now, I thought that was just more lingo to make me feel [link to another blog]less than a designer[/blog], but actually is for a good cause (my recommendation: don't shy away from 'elegantly described [semantic] web standards' --Is that another post? Maybe!!!--)

No comments:

Post a Comment